vallee.xyz / ey3ball.net
- Florian Vallée
- I'm 33
- Proud father of two : boy 2017, girl 2020
- I currently live in Bordeaux (France)
- I've lived in varous places including Angers, Nantes, Paris, London
- I don't really travel anymore, because ... climate changes.
In the past I've seen Geneva, Cardiff, Bristol, Amsterdam, San Francisco, Lisbon, New York, Brussels, Seoul, Osaka, Tokyo
Ask for my resume (See say Hi).
- Originally a system / linux software engineer. Currently working with web/microservices and cloud tech
- I'm versatile - Hack me anything
- Currently employed by Fieldbox.ai where I design & build computer vision platforms.
We use Django, FastAPI, GStreamer and Kubernetes (most notably).
- Was previously part of the core team for our data warehousing / data science backend.
Mainly working in Erlang/OTP. I lead the final steps to migratie our measurement backend to TimescaleDB
and generally helped others make sense of our protobuf APIs and asset framework.
- Previously employed by Delair where I wrote drone middleware for Linux. Had my fair share of C++14 there.
- Before Delair acquired us I used to build embedded linux distributions, applications and bare metal software for Eukrea
I mainly wrote C and Python code there, as well as bitbake recipes and device-trees
- Previously worked at Oberthur technologies on mobile "security" topics, whatever that meant
- Previously worked with Sigma Designs on accelerated media playback, had a great time there with the gang
- I graduated from TELECOM ParisTech (Telecommunications, Embedded systems), then obtained an MSc from Imperial College (London) (Communications / DSP)
- I used to be an angry sysadmin at Rezel
If you're working with Rust, in particular within the context of embedded Linux environments we should get in touch.
I also happen to have a thing for media processing (codecs, live streaming tech and stuff)
My stuff :
- Here's my failed attempt at a technical blog : it has one fine article.
- I hack around on various stuff, I like learning new programming
techniques, mainly out of curiosity.
This is not always backed by
particular projects. You may find some breadcrumbs here and there on github
as I try to contribute patches when I find broken code.
- Recently I've mostly been taking part in AoC to challenge myself.
- Completed my first edition in 2019 with python.
It was pretty challenging, since I was pretty rusty on my algorithms classes, but I made it
- After a few years toying with Rust (and ending up doing work projects in C++ instead : SAD) but never really ever putting the time into it,
I finally took the opportunity of the 2020 edition to learn Rust for real. I could not bother finishing day20, but hey, still got a few month to complete this edition
- ... Oh and I learned Elixir that year too. Hacked together a bot announcing AoC stars and stats on slack. Maybe that's why I burned out :)
- I'm always messing with anything Linux. Devices don't really feel mine unless I get a root prompt on them.
Say Hi !
You can reach me on the Internet, more specifically :
Twitter (although I rarely have anything useful to say apart from the occasional rant)
Ask for florian on vallee.xyz or ey3ball.net using your favorite email client